Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Happened to that Broccoli Rabe?

Well, it would be dishonest of me to pretend that Caroline happily ate her broccoli rabe. I did have plans to steam it and then saute it in olive oil with some garlic and a pinch of salt. But before I did, I tasted it. It was so bitter that I nearly spat it out. I ended up putting frozen mixed vegetables in Caroline's lunch today in place of the broccoli rabe. I will experiment with it this weekend after consulting my friend Marge who, based on her comment to yesterday's post, sounds like she knows how to prepare it.

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu, May 30: Breakfast - pearsauce, Zingerman's 8 grain 3 seed bread, cardamom apple butter; Lunch - egg salad (Flying Goat Farm), 100% whole grain bread, salad (Owosso Organics lettuce and carrots); Snacks - whole milk plain yogurt, rhubarb-raisin compote (Threadgould Gardens rhubarb), whole wheat graham crackers

Childcare Center Menu, May 30: Breakfast - pears, wheat croissants; Lunch - turkey sandwich, salad, watermelon; Snacks - tapioca pudding, wheat crackers

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)