Monday, February 4, 2008

Tomato Sauce Confession

Geoff made a confession this weekend. He doesn't like Barbara Kingsolver's Family Secret Tomato Sauce (see January 30 post) that we canned last summer. He rarely tells me that he doesn't like something that I've made so this must be serious. Well, it turns out that he doesn't think that the ingredients that I was so intrigued with - nutmeg and cinnamon - belong in tomato sauce. Caroline seems mixed on this one. I have 5 more quarts of the sauce so I hope that she will help me eat it. I have about a half cup left from last week so I will pack it in her lunch tomorrow. At the very least, I know that she will eat the pasta. But for the record, I love this sauce.

Carolline's Lunchbox Menu, February 4: Breakfast - O's, pearsauce; Lunch - whole wheat mostaciolli noodles, Family Secret Tomato Sauce, mixed vegetables (frozen, Cascadian Farms), fresh mozzarella cheese; Snacks - Butternut squash

Childcare Center Menu, February 4: Breakfast - white grape juice, Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Golden Grahams; Lunch - mostaciolli noodles, spaghetti sauce, salad, bananas; Snacks - bread sticks, carrots

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)