Sunday, February 10, 2008

No, no, no!

It's been a weekend of "No, no, no." What I thought was just an "I hate vegetables" phase turns out to be an "I don't want to eat anything" phase. Now I understand why books like, The Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious are on the NY Times bestseller list. All weekend, Caroline has been the pickiest of eaters. She refuses to eat almost anything...though she happily ate the Butternut squash cake that I made today for a neighborhood party. If it weren't for her 1:00 am wake-up calls, I probably wouldn't be feeling as anxious as I do. But for several nights now, Caroline wakes up in the middle of the night hungry and crying. We give her a bottle of milk and usually end up having to sleep with her on the couch. Anyone who has slept on a (small) couch with an 18-month old knows that no one really ends up getting any sleep. I'm tired! And Caroline needs some food. So, tomorrow, I am going to pack what she has happily ate in the past. And hope that she eats it.

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu, February 11: Breakfast - O's, pearsauce; Lunch - marinated and baked tofu, brown rice, Butternut squash; Snacks - MacIntosh apple (Almar Orchards), whole milk plain yogurt

Childcare Center Menu, February 11: Breakfast - orange juice, Cheerios, LIfe, Rice Krispies; Lunch - veggie tacos, refried beans, lettuce, cheese, bananas; Snacks - apples, strawberry yogurt

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)