Sunday, November 25, 2007

Pearsauce Does the Trick!

Caroline is feeling much better after a long weekend feasting on traditional Thanksgiving foods and eating a daily dose of pearsauce. Unlike applesauce, pearsauce (labeled as "pears") only comes in baby food servings. We buy the Organic Baby brand or the Gerber organic brand. I actually like the texture of the Gerber pears (puree) better than the Organic Baby pears (pureed and strained). Even though she seems to be back on track - I won't go into any details - I am going to send pears with her for breakfast tomorrow. I accidentally ripped off a piece of the childcare center menu this weekend so I don't know what they're serving for breakfast and snack tomorrow. But since the menu just seems to cycle every month, I have a pretty good idea of what it might be.

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu, November 26: Breakfast - O's, pearsauce; Lunch - chard and mushroom lasagna, peas (frozen, Cascadian Farm); Snacks - banana squash

Childcare Center Menu, November 26: Lunch - spaghetti with turkey meat sauce, salad, bananas

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)