Thursday, March 27, 2008

Locally Grown Veggies!

My friend Barb is a member of the Michigan State University Student Organic Farm. It is a year-round CSA (community supported agriculture) which means that even though we're still under several inches of snow (yes...it snowed again today), she gets fresh, locally grown, organic vegetables every week. I am so jealous. But, since she is out-of-town this weekend, I scored and got to pick up her share today! I was almost drooling when I saw the carrots, collards, green onions, potatoes, garlic, onions, salad mix, and Butternut squash that I would get to take home. I will use some of it in Caroline's lunch tomorrow and will enjoy the rest this weekend. Thanks, Barb!

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu, March 28: Breakfast - pumpkin carrot muffin, Bartlett pear; Lunch - egg salad (Grazing Fields), carrots (Student Organic Farm), potatoes (Student Organic Farm), 100% whole grain bread; Snacks - hummus, broccoli, whole grain Melba toast

Childcare Center Menu, March 28: Breakfast - fruit cocktail, wheat croissants; Lunch - turkey sloppy joes, California vegetables, watermelon; Snacks - cucumbers, tortillas

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)