Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

I must admit that there are times when I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to opt Caroline out of the childcare center food program. Tonight is one of those nights. It's 11:00 pm and I am now just sitting down to think about what I should pack for her lunch tomorrow. I didn't get the childcare center menu until today so I haven't been able to give any thought to what I could pack for Caroline that would mimic the center's meals. But it wouldn't have mattered if I got the menus earlier since we were traveling last weekend and didn't get a chance to go to the last farmers' market of the season or to the grocery store. Turkey tacos is on the menu tomorrow so I have two options. I can either run to the grocery store now and pick up taco fixings or I can pack Caroline tonight's dinner leftovers: whole wheat cavatappi pasta with tomato and meat sauce. I'll go with the latter.

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu: Breakfast - oatmeal, peaches (canned this summer); Lunch - whole wheat cavatappi pasta, tomato and meat sauce, Butternut squash, peas (frozen, Cascadian Farm), Snacks - persimmon, blueberries (frozen from Walton Orchards), graham crackers

Childcare Center Menu: Breakfast - oatmeal, raisins, bananas; Lunch - turkey tacos, lettuce, cheese, cantaloupe; Snacks - apple cider, pumpkin cookies

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)