Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ope's Veggie Burgers

I found Ope's Veggie Burger Patties in the freezer section at the co-op on Monday. I was so excited to find these patties because I love burgers and because they are made in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I must admit though that I was a bit skeptical because most veggie burger patties that I've tasted are dry and bland. But we ate these for dinner tonight and they were very good - moist and tasted great. The ingredient list is relatively short - organic non GMO soy textured protein, organic grains (brown rice, oats), organic shredded vegetables (carrots, kidney beans, dried diced onions), organic vegetable gum. I served the patties with Zingerman's hamburger buns (also from the co-op), condiments (mayo and ketchup), sliced tomatoes (Titus Farms), and roasted potatoes. Caroline loved the burgers!

Caroline's Lunchbox Menu, September 4: Breakfast - ten grain hot cereal, currants, peach (Heritage Acres Farms); Lunch - tomato soup (Titus Farms tomatoes), grilled cheese sandwich, carrots (Crane Centennial Farm); Snacks - egg (Flying Goat Farm), whole wheat crackers

Childcare Center Menu, September 4: Breakfast - cream of wheat, bananas, raisins; Lunch - tomato soup, grilled cheese, mango, carrots; Snacks - egg, saltines

No comments:

 
Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)